Day Tours of Cornwall
Poldark and Doc Martin Tours
Finesse Chauffeurs have introduced our newest tours in time for a busy and beautiful summer ahead.
Poldark Filming Locations
One of the most asked questions from the popular BBC series Poldark is ‘Where was Poldark filmed?’ On our Private Poldark Tour we answer these questions by taking you to each location!
We depart from your pick-up point and head off towards Botallack Mine. A great opportunity to see the locations used in the ‘Poldark TV series' and learn about Cornwall’s mining heritage.
- Botallack - The Crowns – Wheal Leisure mine - the exterior was used for filming the Poldark series
- Have your camera at the ready for this iconic Cornish landscape
Following our stop in Botallack we head off to the small hamlet of Penberth.
- Penberth is a traditional fishing cove
- The location of Sawle village home to Sam & Drake Carne in Poldark
Look around this delightful area before heading off to Gunwalloe
- Home of Shipwrecks and smugglers
- Gunwalloe was used in the dramatic shipwreck scene in 'Poldark'
- The Medieval Church sits between two beautiful beaches
Gunwalloe Church Cove is peaceful yet set amongst an area of raging seas and rocks causing many real-life shipwrecks, making this an archaeological area of interest. We then return onto the vehicle for the relaxing scenic drive back to your pick-up point.
Cornwall Art History Tour
Our Tour departs from your pick-up point and heads out to St Ives, a long established fishing port, however in more recent times the cultural shift has made this small village a haven for artists, and many galleries can be found including the renowned Tate St Ives Gallery, and Barbara Hepworth Museum. Today St Ives is one of the most visited places in Cornwall and on many a wish list with its beautiful beaches, cobbled streets and places to eat.
- Artist / Galleries
- Working harbour
- Pavement café’s
Heading off to Minack Theatre, built from granite and sandstone by hand.
- Rowena Cade, an artist, and builder,1929.
- Unique outdoor theatre with view across the cliffs to Porthcurno Beach
- Please note this tour does not include a show.
We continue our tour by heading to the Mousehole, take in this pretty and traditional fishing village and explore the narrow streets,
- Art Galleries – take a walk around this unchanged traditional fishing village and browse the local Art galleries and shops.
- Lunch Stop – Why not try the wonderful “Ship Inn” (lunch not provided)
- Home to the Old Penlee Lifeboat (memorial of the Solomon Browne disaster, 1981)
Our Final destination is the fishing port of Newlyn
- Newlyn Art Gallery – reopened in 2007,
- West Cornwall has a long history of artists.
- The gallery now presents work from both local, regional, and international markets, presenting work through all media.
On this tour we will collect you from your chosen pick up point and take you on a scenic coastal drive to Port Isaac to show the locations where the popular TV series Doc Martin was filmed.
- 'Port Wenn' (Port Isaac) is home to Doc Martin
- Home to the 'Fisherman’s Friends and the popular film'
- Join a walk with one of the locals to discover all things “Port Isaac” (additional cost approx. £10pp)
We travel onto Port Gaverne, here the beach has been used for several filming scenes during the making of “Doc Martin”.
- Beach scenes
- Small rugged cove
- Stunning Cornish landscape
Our last destination for the day is Altarnun, and St Nonna’s Church, known as the “cathedral of the Moor”.
- The Wedding of the main Doc Martin characters Dr Ellingham and Louisa was filmed here
- Beamed roof and ornate pew carvings
15th Century church
Cornwall Historic Homes and Gardens
This day tour starts with collection from your Cornwall holiday location. We will be visiting some of Cornwall most famous historic homes and gardens.
Our tour includes a visit to the amazing Lost Gardens of Heligan – this estate has been in the Tremayne family since 1569.
- Gardens, sculptures,
- Shop, restaurant (selling produce from the estate),
- A farm and a jungle!
We leave and head for Charlestown – Ancient harbour with an industrial history of the area. Here you can learn about
- Tall ships,
- Filming locations
- Learn about its past – China Clay & mining port – shipwreck heritage museum & tunnels
Before returning to your pickup point, we will visit Lanhydrock House and Gardens
- The journey from impressive Jacobean country home to high Victorian style
- Experience the life of both upstairs and below stairs living
- Meander the gardens
What a Day Tour offers you for £295.00
- Come on board with our local driver guides
- Travel for up to 6 people (from under £50pp)
- 8-hour tour day
- Return travel to pick up point
- Comfortable 6-seater vehicles
- Air conditioned
- Leather seats
- Amazing locations to explore
- Great photo opportunities
What some of our clients have said…
exceptionally careful, safe driver
polite and congenial
friendly people with a genuine interest in helping you
compared to a planned tour, our trip was far more relaxing, and we had much more flexibility with a private driver.
Our day tours are designed for one day experiences to suit individual interests. Whether you are on your staycation or travelling to Cornwall for a break, we have a choice of tours.
Finesse Chauffeurs are experienced tour providers and specialise in services for our American and European clientele. We are happy to provide you with a pre-planned itinerary or create a tour especially for you. Please take the opportunity to look at our other tour services on the following links.